Sunday, January 14, 2007

Penn Station Revisited

Last week, I posted a photo of the New York City Pennsylvania (Penn) Station on this DP. Here is another photo of the train station, which shows the ticket booths on the left and the departure terminals behind the giant pillar. If you enlarge the photo, you can see the Long Island Railroad (LIRR) terminal on the right.

The partially visible woman on the lower left corner was purchasing a ticket on the automated ticketing machine and the gentleman behind her was waiting for his turn while glancing over at the electronic train schedule.


6 comments:

Unknown said...

it looks like a mad rush everywhere. people are always on the run in NYC? most prob. just like in Singapore...

Dsole said...

That's great, i enjoy too much with kind of photos, someday I'll try to do it as well ;)
Seems the man has waited a few minutes without a move uh? just reminds me of Madonna Ray of light video, when there was a child sttoped in the middle of something like an airport or train station and everyone else moved so quickly around him, do you remember? that's the link hope it works! :)

Ming the Merciless said...

keropok man - I'm used to the pace of life here. It feels normal to me until I have out-of-town guests who say I walk like I'm rushing to go somewhere. ;-)

dsole - yes, I remember Madonna's Ray of Light video. I think the concept is the same. :-)

Anonymous said...

I didn't think you were allowed to photograph the subway, and airports, et-cetera.

Meg said...

New York, New York, one day I'd love to visit.... (Yeah, that after 10 years in Minnesota and never venturing east of Au Claire, Wisconsin!)

Ming the Merciless said...

rudy girón - shortly after Sept 11, the city did ban photography in subways, train stations, and basically anywhere else. A few tourists were arrested for taking photos of federal buildings around the city, esp. if they look a couple shades darker than pink, if you know what I mean.

But that has changed. In fact, I asked some police officers at Penn Station if photography was permitted and they said it was. So I took ALL the photos of Penn Station right in front of them. :-)