Tuesday, March 13, 2007

Mrs. Bigfoot @ Socrates Sculpture Park

I was taking a walk through the Socrates Sculpture Park in Long Island City last weekend and guess who I saw? It was Mrs. Bigfoot.

The Socrates Sculpture Park is an outdoor museum and exhibition space with an internationally renowned artist in residence program. It is also a community garden where local residents can bring their families and pets to enjoy the outdoor space. The area, located on the waterfront of north west Queens, used to a landfill and dumping ground until a coalition of artists and community leaders cleaned and transformed it into a park in 1986. Aside from the park, another popular attraction in the area is the Noguchi Museum.

This 6-foot tall female Bigfoot was one of the sculptures at the Socrates Sculpture Park. A Bigfoot is an apelike animal said to be found in the remote forests of North America. Although numerous sightings have been reported, none has been caught. Some believe that they do not exist..

What do you think? Do you believe in Bigfoot?

13 comments:

kuanyin333 said...

Bigfoot is an interdimensional being, and I saw one as a kid. No one believed me....but I saw it at night looking in the window. Its eyes shone like a cats does in the dark. I didn't feel it meant any harm...it was curious!

~tanty~ said...

I never see it, so I don't know ...
Nice photo anyway :)

Olivier said...

on y voit des sculptures surprenantes dans ce parc. tres reussie cette statue de mister bigfoot


one sees there sculptures surprising in this park. very succeeded this statue of mister bigfoot

GMG said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
GMG said...

Bigfoot, I've never seen, but Socrates (Jose) appears almost everyday on the Portuguese TV... lol!

Z said...

What a cheeky interpretation of the idea! And why is she "mrs" and not "ms", I ask? ;-)

Anonymous said...

I thought it was King Kong looking for his girlfriend! LOL!

Ming the Merciless said...

The Bigfoot is a female. Notice the boobies?!?!?

Anonymous said...

Ms or Mrs or female. It just "now" occurred to me that the bigfoot species probably do not have a word for the "ladies" in the clan. I doubt the hairy breasts, (if that is hair) not even a baby would suckle those and have a mouthful of hair.

An amazing picture. Thanks for posting it. It made my day.

isa said...

The "lady" needs a shave ;-)

Kate said...

Love the sculptors sense of humor! Great photo--do I believe it? I could believe in just about anything if there's a persuasive argument attached. I take that back because it makes me sound too gullible. I love fantasy so that's a possiblity for gullibility!

Melting Wok said...

this is much better than the indoors wax museum here in Hollywood :)

www.DeltaMovies.com said...

Aunt Martha! OMG..she's been mising for years. How she made it to the park in NYC, I guess we'll never know. *put this on my list of places to visit on my next trip.

We still don't know how gravity works...so, yes..anything's possible.

B.