Wednesday, May 7, 2008

Sunnyside Green Market


Here is a photo of the local green market in my neighborhood on Skillman Avenue between 41st and 42nd Street in Sunnyside. The mini-green market, which started last year, has less than 10 booths/tents but there are vendors selling almost everything from fresh fruits and vegetables, to baked goods and flowering plants.

Interestingly enough, Strangetastes of St. Louis, Missouri Daily Photo grew up on the same block as the one I live on now. In fact, the building where he used to live faces the green market pictured above.

So do you live near another member of the daily photo blogger?

9 comments:

Chuck Pefley said...

Nice photo. Does the number of booths expand as more produce comes into season? We have a number of neighborhood farmer's markets in Seattle.

I live near Kim, though I'm not sure how near -:) We'll meet at some point. Perhaps we already have and not known it.

tigerfish said...

I miss going to local farmer markets :(

Anonymous said...

I like these kinds of markets. Sometimes the stuff they sell is like
Bottled Spring Water. See the boxes of fruit in your picture? I suspect those came from a local grocer like bottled "spring" water actually comes from a city tap.

About living near other daily photo bloggers. I have actually slept with one and even kissed her once or twice. She isn't bad for a blogger.

alice said...

Yes, I live not very far from Chateaubriant, Bergson's town but we've never met till now. I met Marguerite-Marie who lives near Rennes and has a blog too, and another DP blogger who lives near NYC but has some relatives in Brittany.

Shammickite said...

I like shopping in those open air markets, we have one here in my small town at weekends.
I haven't met any other bloggers in person, but I know there are a couple who live within an hour's drive of me.... maybe we'll arrange to meet one day!

Shammickite said...

BTW my YoungerSon and my DIL are spending 5 days in NYC in a couple of weeks. They have tickets to a baseball game and they are going to try to see a couple of Broadway shows... any suggestions?

Profile Not Available said...

Lovely photo!

sonia a. mascaro said...

That green market looks great! Nice photo!

NormanTheDoxie said...

Ming, with all your photos of lower Manhattan, I used to think we lived in the same neighborhod....but then found out we're just a short subway ride apart.

I do live not too far from Mr. T of Postcards from Hell's Kitchen.