Friday, May 22, 2009

Looking Out From Within

This photo was taken from inside Central Park. The buildings in the background are the properties lining 60th Street between 5th and 6th Avenue, otherwise known as Central Park South. It always amazes me that we have such a lush and beautiful park in the middle of the city.

Notice the couple sitting on the bench at the bottom of the photo? Can you imagine how peaceful and relaxing it must feel to be them. Me, I was leaning over a rail behind some bushes trying to take this photo. :-)

No question today.

9 comments:

teahouse said...

Hahaha..so were you were like paparazzi stalking them for photos?

I love Central Park. I wish I had more time to spend there.

Babzy.B said...

Very nice shot , i like the contrast between the green nature and the buildings , the Park must be a beautiful place to walk and have a rest on one of this bench ;)

Olivier said...

une belle vue tranquille dans Central-Park, j'aime bien le couple dans le petit trou de serrure ;o). Il doit être superbe en ce moment
a nice quiet view in Central-Park, I love the couple well in the small hole of lock ;o). He must be superb at present

Alexa said...

Actually, there IS a question. Yes, I can imagine how peaceful it must be to be there on that bench—and how hard it must have been for you to take a shot that didn't include hundreds of people. Nicely done. I almost feel as though I'm there.

Todd HellsKitchen said...

Lush!

Virginia said...

Good photographers have to be good stalkers. I've done that a time or two myself. That is a gorgeous shot. Take a bow Ming!

GMG said...

Hi Ming! Sorry for the absence, but I’ve been busy with my parents’ health; almost 180 years to care... ;)
This is one of my favourite views of NYC! Great shot!!

Blogtrotter is paying homage to Vilnius as European Capital of Culture 2009. Hope you enjoy and have a great weekend!

valeria said...

MIng, this is a perfect photo! Central Park looks like a beautiful forest inside the city!

Jilly said...

Oh this is superb. What a shot!