Sunday, July 1, 2007

Theme Photo: The Color Red

This is a photo of a french restaurant in Chelsea called La Belle Vie on 8th Avenue between 19th and 20th Street.

July 1st is Theme Photo Day and this month, the theme is The Color Red. One hundred (100) bloggers are participating in the theme photo today: Shanghai, China - Mumbai, India - New York City (NY), USA - Manila, Philippines - Albuquerque (NM), USA - Hamburg, Germany - Stayton (OR), USA - Los Angeles (CA), USA - Hyde, UK - Oslo, Norway - Brookville (OH), USA - Melbourne, Australia - Stavanger, Norway - Bellefonte (PA), USA - Bucaramanga (Santander), Colombia - Joplin (MO), USA - Singapore, Singapore - Selma (AL), USA - Cleveland (OH), USA - Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia - Chandler (AZ), USA - Stockholm, Sweden - Seattle (WA), USA - Boston (MA), USA - Arradon, France - Evry, France - Baton Rouge (LA), USA - Maple Ridge (BC), Canada - Boston (MA), USA - Grenoble, France - Cottage Grove (MN), USA - Greenville (SC), USA - Hilo (HI), USA - Nelson, New Zealand - La Antigua, Guatemala - Brisbane (QLD), Australia - Singapore, Singapore - Tel Aviv, Israel - Hong Kong, China - Sequim (WA), USA - Paderborn, Germany - Saarbrücken, Germany - Rotterdam, Netherlands - Tenerife, Spain - Kyoto, Japan - Tokyo, Japan - Sydney, Australia - Naples (FL), USA - Cologne (NRW), Germany - Wassenaar (ZH), Netherlands - Saint Louis (MO), USA - Cypress (TX), USA - Ocean Township (NJ), USA - Mainz, Germany - Toruń, Poland - Menton, France - Monte Carlo, Monaco - Singapore, Singapore - North Bay (ON), Canada - Jakarta, Indonesia - Montréal (QC), Canada - Tuzla, Bosnia and Herzegovina - Minneapolis (MN), USA - Baziège, France - San Diego (CA), USA - Prague, Czech Republic - Ampang (Selangor), Malaysia - New York (NY), USA - Kajang (Selangor), Malaysia - Sharon (CT), USA - Newcastle (NSW), Australia - Port Angeles (WA), USA - Nottingham, UK - Villigen, Switzerland - Chicago (IL), USA - Torquay, UK - Brussels, Belgium - San Diego (CA), USA - Mexico (DF), Mexico - Saint Paul (MN), USA - Cape Town, South Africa - Paris, France - Seoul, Korea - Manila, Philippines - Milano, Italy - Austin (TX), USA - Chennai, India - Madrid, Spain - Seoul, South Korea - Wailea (HI), USA - Toronto (ON), Canada - Ajaccio, France - Buenos Aires, Argentina - Silver Spring (MD), USA - Zurich, Switzerland - Sydney, Australia - Budapest, Hungary - Moscow, Russia - Auckland, New Zealand - Torino, Italy

37 comments:

Jilly said...

I thought I'd clicked on a French DP blog for a moment! Great photo. Looks a great place to eat.

Fénix - Bostonscapes said...

Fruits the mer... Music to my ears. Have you been to that restaurant? Food is good?

That's a very attractive storefront.

kuanyin333 said...

Yum....my kind of restaurant!

Anonymous said...

Nice. I like the red color in this shot.

Abraham Lincoln
—Me as Moses—

Maraï said...

Bon appetit! I am sure the food is great with a facade like this! I love your shot!
Maraï from Brisbane
http://brisbane-dailyphoto.blogspot.com/

Emilieee said...

I like the color of red. Nice shot.

May I have a Bloody Mary, please? :p

Gerald (SK14) said...

reminds me of Buenos Aires

Missy,Mrs and Mum said...

Ah Bonjour! What a lovely place! I have a thing about restaurants like that, not French but with thr writing on the windows! Have you ever seen the film Fried Green Tomatoes... They put writing on the windows and so whenever I see a picture like that I think of the film! silly I know! Yippee July!

JaamZIN said...

looks sooo European!:)

Dsole said...

so french!

isa said...

Oh la la! Très Parisien!

Meg said...

Looks very nice.

Ben Nakagawa said...

Very nice. I really like this door.

alice said...

Bonjour Ming! Et bon dimanche! Do you think to eat snails for lunch ;-)?

Bergson said...

I all understands on the photograph !!
Normal it is in French !

You love snails ??

Dijah said...

La belle vie?Nice name for a nice restaurant.Would love to try it out.
:]

Olivier said...

un bon restaurant, c'est une bonne idee. La meilleure restauration à NYC ;o).


a restoring good, it is a good idea. Best restoration with NYC ;O).

Lavenderlady said...

I would eat here! Good choice for today.

Peter said...

Looks nice - and definitely red!

12,95 for a brunch. Sounds reasonable! What would be served in addition to the drinks... could not see the complete menu?

Oh for the love of food! said...

Nice pic, Ming! love that deep red color. How's everything going with you?

Unknown said...

Good use of colour. An interesting shot.

Chris said...

Beautiful - I love it! I have a classic Wisconsin rural scene for Theme Day today.

Steve Cuddihy said...

Great shot.

iBlowfish said...

Interesting shot.

sonia a. mascaro said...

I like this photo!

As I have been living in country, I miss so much good restaurants...

Anonymous said...

Nice pic to showcase the color red.

Paz

Anonymous said...

A glass of red wine please ... Nice photo.

Coltrane_lives said...

Can't go wrong with a French restaurant! Tres magnifique!

Anonymous said...

Nice choice. I miss NY sometimes. The food most of all.

Anonymous said...

I don't really like the color red- dunno why. And if it's a red-themed restaurant, what kind of crowds will it attract? *curious*

Anonymous said...

Ahhh la belle vie :) Very nice facade and interesting name for that restaurant. What I don't like much are "escargots" though ;) Not really my thing. Nice capture.

Nathalie H.D. said...

Mmmm, nice post for today!

Todd HellsKitchen said...

I love red. I'd paint my apt red, but I think I would get tired of it... It's nice to see red every once in a while, though...

GMG said...

Escargots, huitres and fruits de mer... great menu!

Anonymous said...

I actually have eaten at this restaurant, albeit several years ago. I remember it being fine, not exceptional but not terrible. But it is exceptional in the red category!

R&R said...

They say that the color red is good for the appetite, and this place sure looks appetizing! Bon Appetit!

Unknown said...

I see Homemade biscuits on the sign!

Happy Theme Day Ming!